A Kickstarter campaign named London Design Festival 2016 has been launched and it aims to bring Architects and designers to propose an innovative design for a golf course. The project titled ‘Visionary Crazy Golf’ is aimed to be one of the most popular festival landmark projects. London Design Festival (LDF) hopes to raise £120,000 to realize the project in the annual design event.
The entire golf course will be designed by numerous Designers and Architects.
• The section of the course designed by Paul Smith will transform the Trafalgar Square steps into a series of brightly coloured cascading lanes with a Neo-classical clubhouse.
• Zaha Hadid Architects aims for a characteristic undulating form to a two-tiered range planned between the square's lion statues.
• Ordinary Architecture has designed a hole modelled on a cross-section of one of the square's famous pigeons, where the golf ball travels through the bird's digestive system.
• Mark Wallinger who previously created a sculpture for the empty fourth plinth in the square has devised a twisting maze.
• HAT's proposal is for construction hoist that drops balls down a track, rewarding the most successful shots with a glass of whiskey.
Here at Sigma College of Architecture, one of the Top Architectural Colleges in Tamil Nadu we help our students broaden their horizons by educating them on projects that think outside the box