The City of Los Angeles celebrates the 10th anniversary of the Los Angeles River Revitalisation project led by the Bureau of Engineering and Mayor Garcetti's Office where they aim to overhaul a mile-long barren canal-like waterway that weaves through the Californian city. The seven Architecture firms that have been shortlisted are:
• Gruen Associates: Aims to integrate fields and public pathways with the existing railway yard.
• Chee Salette: Proposes a crossing made up of long platforms that will allow pedestrians to walk along the middle of the river. . Vegetation will be planted between each of the sections
• WSP: Their design will consist of a walkway, along which terraced seating will overlook the river and areas of planting. They will also provide stepping stones which will provide a bridge across the water.
• CH2M: Proposes a new bicycle path to replace an existing one that has been closed, and also includes look-out points and cafes.
• Mia Lehrer + Associates: Aims to includes an undulating pathway that leads to a launch pad for kayaking
• AECOM: Their design consists of brightly hued pathways that loop around four different play areas, including a rock-climbing wall, a basketball court and a bike park.
• Tetra Tech: Proposes a glazed walkway with a restaurant and a new cycle pathway that meets with the riverside.
Here at Sigma College of Architecture, one of the Top Architectural Colleges in Tamil Nadu we help our students broaden their horizons by educating them the various different projects that could be put up in a particular province