Industry Institute partnership cell (IIPC) is required for enhancing the relationship between the Institution and Industry. The purpose of this cell is to identify the trends and expectations and prepare students for meeting the latest requirements by facilitating internships in leading architectural firms, Organize Seminars, Workshops, Expert Talks and other Training programmes by experts and practicing architects.
IIPC at Sigma College of Architecture will create an effective contribution to our vision and effectively avoid criticisms of the shortcomings. IIPC at SICA effectively equips our faculty to latest practices and makes the students industry-ready by providing exposure to current industry practices, and hone their skills to adapt changing trends and designs.
Our students will be benefited due to the exposure to current industry practices', faculty members get sensitized to the latest practices leading them to blend real-time exposure with usual theoretical teaching methods.
Sigma College of Architecture will gain in brand name and reputation through bigger percentage of placement of students, and being a useful partner of Industry through mutual consultancy services. The Industry would gain by getting employees who are already trained as per their expectations, aspirations and needs.
Objectives (IIPC)The broad objective of the IIPC at SICA is to reduce the gap between industry expectations (practice) and academic limitations by direct involvement of industry.
- Develop close connections between Industry and SICA through interactions
- Bring practicing architects at SICA
- Disseminating architectural advances through interactions and discussions.
- Training the students through continuing education programme.
- Publishing and issuing architectural bulletins and newsletters with latest technological developments.
- Organizing seminars, symposium, exhibitions and workshops.
SICA - IIPC Activities
- Arranging industrial training for students and faculty members.
- Identifying the opportunities of internships for practical training to our students.
- Tie-ups or MoUs with Industries.
- Research and development activities with industry.
- Promoting consultancy activities.
- Industrial Visits
- Inviting practicing architects for guest lectures, seminars and expertise sharing.
- Organize lectures, interactive workshops, conferences, seminars, brain storming sessions, technical discussions, consultancy Sessions, training, orientation courses, meetings, visits etc, involving members of the Industry, outside experts, eminent personalities, faculty and students.
- Organize and conduct Field Visits, Industrial Visits inside and outside India, Seminars and workshops by practicing architects.
- Motivate and involve students of SICA in the consultancy activities of IIPC with an aim to transform these graduating architects into professional architects who are industry ready.
- Take up projects from Industry and other funding agencies as consultancy activity.
- Provide technical consultancy services.
- Invite industry experts to deliver lectures in symposia, seminars and conferences organizing exhibitions / model contests / competitions to show case the efforts taken up by the students of SICA.
- Encourage entrepreneurial activities among the students.
- Professional consultancy by the faculty to industries.
- Visits of clients, industry executives and practicing architects to SICA for seeing the consultancy works and studios.
- Practical training of students in industries.